WPCF Update - October 2019
Highlights from October 2019
- This month we moved into our new office at Ashland House Ince.
- We now also have a small space for the use of our families
- We now have an admin worker in the office every weekday morning (unless they are attending another forum event)
- We met with Cllr Bullen and Cllr Susan Gambles
- We met with the Designated Clinical Officer for Wigan (Dr Abbas)
- We met with Wrightington Wigan and Leigh: Dr Godhino, Linda Wright, Alison Bromley and Emma to discuss issues families are having with the peadiatric service.
- We met with Wigan Council : Cath Pealing, Rachel Derbyshire & Karen Turner along with Lynne Hamnett from Embrace to discuss sharing SEND transformation updates and involving families in the progression of SEND transformation at future participation events
- We partook in a joint coffee mornings with Wigan Council and SENDIASS
- We had an open forum meeting at the Hamlet Ashton in Makerfield with Wigan Council giving updates on the Neurodevelopmental Pathway and the Local Offer.
- We facilitated a stay and Play at Hop Skip & Jump Wigan.
- We arranged to restart the publication of the SEND Newsletter
We attended the following SEND Transformation strategic worktreams (Task groups set up to discuss and shape the assigned topic)
> Support For Families
> Neurodevelopmental Pathway
Further details of the meetings and events are posted in : http://bit.ly/WPCFParentPower , the SEND Newsletter or will be covered in the upcoming participation events or open forum meetings.