(Special Educational Needs and/or Disability)
Parent Carers of Wigan Borough!
If there was ever a time to offer your opinion IT IS DEFINITELY NOW!
On 30th January 2020 Wigan had two Parent Carer Participation Events
Daytime and Evening in Leigh
If you missed out you still have an opportunity to have your say.
(If you did attend please also complete the survey to offer your feedback on the event)
At the event Wigan Council presented their response to the feedback provided from parent carers at various consultation and focus groups throughout the past 12/18 months of SEND Transformation in Wigan Borough.
💡 What Wigan Council Identified as the five key messages from families around SEND Transformation Programme:
- We feel that mainstream schools are not inclusive
- The SEND support pathway isn’t clear to us
- Diagnosis and timescales to support takes too long
- Coordination of support is weak
- The short breaks offer is inconsistent and inflexible
They then updated us on what they had done and what they now propose to do.